Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Adult Personal Conflict Style Inventory

I must admit taking this test was a very interesting experience. It forced me to think about how I interact with people whether they were individuals involved in school group projects and even personal relationships. With my analysis, under the "calm" section, I ranked the highest among the Accommodating (Score:11) and Compromising (Score: 8). I was not surprised by this. I do not like confrontations or any type of arguments. I rather solve the problem quickly, compromise my need in place of someone's needs, or remain quiet in the situation. Under the "storm" section, I also scored the highest in Accommodation. However, I scored equally with compromising and avoidance. I definitely agree with the test results. When things get intense, I definitely use these conflict styles, mainly to protect myself and those who may be involved in the situation. I definitely feel that within intense situations, I should communicate more openly instead of using the avoidance style because open communication is always the best solution for all parties involved.

No comments: