Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Assymilating Into Sports

When I was about 5 my dad, the golf pro, forced me to start playing golf and I happened to have quite a talent at it. As I grew up I became better and better and the next thing I knew two other boys and I were Clarksville's prodigies in the game of golf. In every tournament we played we were revered and expected to place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and after a while golf became as much a part of my life as I became a part of the sport itself. When I got to high school I was very nervous to try out for the team for many reasons including popularity, my future and many other reasons. Making the varisty golf team as a freshman was a huge honor and at tryouts that year me and my two buddies placed for the first, second, and third spots on the team, which was something that had never been done, not even by our fathers who had also played on the same team together. As the years went on we became more and more competitive between one another and that always kept us trying to get better and push ourselves to eventually be the best. Our Freshman year James, one of my friends, won the state championship, then the next year Ryan, the other friend, won state and so on our third year it was almost expected that I win. I remember the stress that I felt before the tournament and nervous feeling deep within my stomach, but most of all I remember the feeling I felt when I won the state championship.

No comments: