Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Adult Inventory

According to my "calm scores", when disagreement first arises I scored a 11 on compromising, 10 on collaborating, 7 on accomodating, a 4 on avoiding and a 3 on forcing. I felt like this was very accurate to my personality, because I do my best to avoid conflict and while I'm outspoken, I'm certainly not forceful. I always find the easiest thing to do is immediately try to compromise with eachother, because by human nature we want things to be a least somewhat our way. On the "storm" side after things are not easily resolved, I actually went up a point in compromising with a 12. I went up a point in collaborating with a 11. I went up two points on accomdating with a 9. Avoiding went up one point to a 5 and forcing also went up one point to a 4. I think it says alot that all of my scores went up, because it's our human nature to "kick it up a notch" when the first solution didn't work. I'm not sure if I should be or not, but I was actually pretty proud of the fact that my "forcing" only went up one point, because I think that shows that I can keep my chool and stay composed even when things don't go like I want them to the first time. However, Ithat can sometimes lead to being seen as a pushover.

No comments: