Monday, October 27, 2008

Adult Personal Conflict Style Inventory Tally

On the Adult Personal Conflict Style Inventory I scored highest with Collaborating when conflict first starts to arise on the Calm scale. Compromising was my highest score in the storm phase of conflict, and both of my highest conflict management styles flip-flopped for second place on the charts. This does not surprise me now after working in many different leadership roles in organizations, sports, and religious events. Back in high school I would have had a much higher avoidance number on my chart, but I have learned that it is best to work things out without either forcing them to happen or running away. There were several tough scenarios last semester that required me to take action as president in an organization and to come up with a collaborative or compromising style to get things done effectively and timely. I never disregarded the feelings of other members, but sometimes there was an outlandish situation or remark that a member and I had to fix the problem before it spread like wildfire throughout the organization. It helped me to grow in my confidence as a leader by hitting problems (more-often-than-not) head on and to get things moving smoothly and back on track from the first signs of trouble.

No comments: