Thursday, October 30, 2008

Adult Personal Conflict Survey

I have studied how to handle conflict in several of my classes, however this was the first time I had heard or taken the Adult Personal Conflict Survey. After taking the survey I know that it was very beneficial. A lot of times, especially dealing with conflict, I have a hard time admitting that I am wrong (which might be the source of some conflict in the first place). But this survey really showed me how much I can improve on my conflict resolution skills. In the calm category, compromising and accommodating were my two strengths. Avoiding and forcing were two of the lower characteristics. I agree and believe that when a conflict first arises I am pretty good at taking care of the problem. My scores for the storm very very similar. The one thing that I could probably do a better job on is collaborating. My collaboration score was mediocre in both cases. Also, I need to realize that sometimes I have to be forceful to be productive in a conflict. If both sides are passive, the conflict will never be resolved. I really enjoyed the survey and believe that it helped me define me conflict resolution techniques.

No comments: