Monday, October 27, 2008

Adult Personal Conflict Style Inventory

After completing the Adult Personal Conflict Style Inventory, it was computed that when issues first arise, I am very accommodating and also collaborating. The third highest scores were compromising and forcing. When unresolved issues grow to intensity, it was confirmed that I have equal collaborating and compromising efforts. The next characteristic was the tendency to be forceful.
I found that these traits are accurate because I am for the most part a non-controversial person. I rarely speak up when there are issues that bother me. It has to be pretty extreme for me to call someone out or tell them something that hurt my feelings. I would rather let it fall off my back than damage a relationship. This could be, and has been, a downfall because when a conflict builds over time and then explodes all at once, I am more likely to be compromising and forceful!

No comments: