Sunday, October 26, 2008

Adult Personal Conflict Inventory

After completing the excerise in the Adult Personal Conflict Inventory and reveiwing my scores, I am actually really surprised in the Calm category that I scored such a high score in "avoiding". Even though "avoiding" was my lowest score in the Calm it is sometimes evident in my behavior. To be honest I don't like conflict and I probably don't handle it well in some situations; however, I am very willing to compromise. With that said, I did score an 8 in the "compromising" section. My highest score was in collaborating which was an 11. In the Storm category my highest was in "compromising" which was a 9. This is not surprising to me because I know that I deal with conflict better when it first arises rather than after. Also I have noticed that I am more compromising than accomdating to the other person; I'm not sure if that is a positive or negative characteristic.

No comments: