Saturday, October 25, 2008

Adult Personal Conflict Style Inventory

When I took the inventory I found the results to be almost exactly right for me. In the calm category I scored a 9 for being accommodating during the first part of conflict. In the storm part I scored an 11 on both the compromising and avoiding parts. I do tend to be accommodating for the others on the opposing side of the conflict, and then I either try to compromise with them or else avoid them and the conflict after the situation has progressed. Usually I find that if I try and be accommodating in the beginning and then see that I am not making progress I just give up and avoid that person afterwards. If someone will not compromise after I have been accommodating I get tired of the situation and them. These numbers match past experiences I have had. I can think of examples all of the way back to 7th grade with a friend where I eventually just avoided her. Sadly, conflict stresses me out too much.

No comments: