Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ember, the new fire of communication

I was searching on my Iphone the other day and I found a social networking tool used between iusers called Ember which is just a high speed way to set up a profile and chat with people based on the information on your profile. When I downloaded it and went to a chatroom I was sent to a campfire, or chatroom, with a few golfers around the country. I was amazed to find out that the other golfers were actually using the medium while in class at UGA and they were talking about their recent tournaments. I was kind of am odd man out given that I wasn't really part of their group but I had some good conversation. Eventually after talking to them awhile I said I might have to come down there sometime and play some golf and they agreed.

No comments: