Monday, April 13, 2009

Indisposable

Being disposable in today's economy has got to be one of the scariest things a person could encounter. I mean you probably have a family or a nice apartment or whatever, and you are probably dependent on that source of income each couple of weeks. Business in communications can be a very do or die industry and so I believe I know what it takes to successfully become a permanent mark on an organization. You have to start by truly knowing your job, knowing every aspect that it entails and how you can best perform it. For instance, I am going to be a sports agent, and I intend to know every aspect of the clients I represent no matter what. I also intend to know to the T my companies mission and objectives, basically every aspect of the life of sports agent I will have down. Secondly always come in early, never be late and stay healthy, if your calling out of work its pretty simple to just cut you from the job altogether. The most important part though is be innovative and original and think outside the box, because you never know when your time to shine will come but it will and if you are ready when it does you will be able to hold on that for a long time. Finally though have full confidence in yourself for the job you have and don't be scared to step up when called and try to put in a small piece extra whenever you can.

No comments: