Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Stress Index

My stress index from the Virginia Community Association Network website added up to 134. Many of the stresses in my life right now come simply from the timeframe of everything that is about to happen: graduation, moving, changing jobs, and the holidays. At the end of December many of these stressful situations will be dealt with and my total number will reduce drastically. I liked the list of common ways to relax. A few of these that I practice is muscle relaxation, eating healthy, physical fitness, and meditation. Time management is a constant worry of mine that I need to deal with better in the future. 

My stress index on the Canadian Mental Health Association chart was 9 and stated "you've got your life in fairly good control. Work on the choices and habits that could still be causing you some unnecessary stress in your life." The score total doesn't surprise me and I see various aspects of my life I could improve on.

No comments: