Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Stress Survey!

I scored a 9 on the Canadian Health Association’s Stress Index Test. That number was actually a lot lower than I thought it would be, because I do tend to take on way more than I should. I’m a self-diagnosed over achieving people pleaser. Therefore, I almost always lack the ability to say no, thus continuing to take on more and more projects and commitments.

On the Virginia Community Association stress survey, I scored a 409. I know that number seems high, and the average person is supposed to handle around 100, but I feel like I handle my stress pretty well. I handle it not by something I read in a textbook, but by keeping myself centered in my faith. This year the stress in my life has really gone up for a number of reasons, health wise, deaths in the family, etc.

No comments: