Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Self Actualization...have I truly found it?

The first time I was on stage and actually concentrated on something else while in character was the first time I felt as though I wasn't there. Being in character as they liked to call it, or playing against the fourth wall, or even "using" the audience as I was trained never really meant much more than concrete sense to me. But this one time in this one moment I really felt more than one hundred percent clear about a decision I made. That decision was to pursue theatre in my life. I was sure, happy, content, and not confused.

The task now is to continue, pursue, and never forget that feeling. Maintaining that mindset is the challenge. I now know the true feeling of getting paid for something you love doing.

No comments: