Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Walmart and Verizon Screwed My Family

I work at Walmart. My job is to sell cell phones to people. Walmart is a bureaucracy because there is a chain of command. They actually assign numbers to workers as well. Your number level determineshow much you make. I am a level 5 in the cell phone department. Department managers are level 6's, and it goes up from there within the store. The next level past department managaers are zone managers, assistant managers, co-managers, store manager, district managers, and at the top are the children of Sam Walton.



For the most part, the connection center(cell phone department) is an easy job. I get paid more than other people who work constanly in the store. All I do is stand in a kiosk and wait. At most, I had five customers in a day. However, there was a situation that caused me to just get angry with the bureacracy sytem of Walmart and Verizon.



Verizon has another system. I receive help from a guy who is the verizon represenative. Back in August 2008 my family came in as a customer. They set up a new line with verizon. At the time, verizon had a promotion going on. It was set up a new line, receive a $50wlamart gift certificate. They had some fine print stuff. Such as must have line for a month before receiving the certificate. The reason for this is b/c verzon has a 30 day return policy. So they did not want someoene to get the gift certificate for free. Then they said it may take 4-8 weeks to receive the promotional item.

Three months pass and my family did not receive a certificate at all. I txt message my verizon rep and he never answered back. My deprtment manager tried to get intouch with him and he never responded. One day he came into the store and I broght up the situation to him. He acted as if he was annoyed. He was bothered that I txt him for something lilke that. He told me he reponded to my txt already. I told him he did not. I showed him my received messages from him. I received none. So then he goes through his phone to prove to me that he sent me a txt. He never found it.

Then he tells me he will get on to the problem and fix it. A month pass, nothing. I see him again and he tells me that it is silly I bring this up. I am angry we did not get the $50. This amount may not be much to corporate world such as walmart or verizon who are dealing with millions and possibly billions, but for average people like my family, $50 is alot. This amount could feed my family for two days.

So my verizon rep, name drew gives me a number to call. i call the number. It was the rebate department for verizon. They said they did not handle this situation because the phone was purchased at walmart. They recomend me to speak with walmart. I spoke with my managers and they said that was verizon's reponsibility. I spoke with Drew and he told me to talk to customer service. Customer service told me they have no record of any such promotion. They then told me to speak with Drew. Drew told me there was nothing he could and and said to tell the customer to call customer service at verizon.

THE CUSTOMERS WAS MY FAMILY!

If i could not resolve the situation for them, how the hell are they suppose to do it? I am the one who is suppose to "specialize" in this area.

So basically Walmart and Verizon have collected money from my family. They Have alot b/c of the monthly phone bills. Walmart keeps any comission I make. I get none. I feel that my family have been screwed out of $50 which is alot of money for us, and not much to them.

The case is still pending. I will not give up.

-Nhatdanh

No comments: