Wednesday, September 17, 2008

After taking the Blake and Mouton Managerial Questionnaire, I found that I was in between two different styles. When I calculated my scores I fell directly between Country Club style and Team Style. After reading the descriptions I agree totally with this assessment. The obvious fact is that I have a high concern for people. However, sometimes getting the job done doesn't take precedent. I tend to believe that if I treat the people I am leading in a positive way that it will increase his or her overall performance. I also prefer team management over individual management. I would much rather collaborate with a team that be the authoritative answer for all the decisions. Getting the job done is something that I should work on in order to improve my overall managerial skills. I think that it is important to have a concern for people and a concern for getting the job done. I realize that my concern for production could improve and I will continually re-evaluate my leadership style in order to become the best leader possible.

No comments: