Monday, September 15, 2008

Blake and Mouton's Managerial Grid

Before taking the leadership test I tried thinking of myself in third person. Do I like interacting with people on a regular basis? Do I feel more comfortable in the leader role or as a team member? What are my goals or expectations while holding this position? So after I have answered my own questions about myself I also thought what are my strengths, weaknesses and most importantly my work ethic. After the test and analyzing my results I fell in the area that I thought I would; authority and obedience. I know I possess characteristics of being results oriented and task oriented. Even though I do work well with others my strengths are perfection and results. For example, this summer during my internships I realized that after completing different projects the feeling that I receive when people enjoy my work is great. Perfection is what I strive for in everything I do. Overall the area I fell in was not surprising and the test was interesting but I think that it doesn't reflect everyone's leadership skills and abilities.

No comments: