Monday, September 15, 2008

Blake and Mouton's Managerial Grid

First off, I will link the Blake and Mouton's Managerial Grid leadership questionnaire for those who couldn't find it in the old post easily.

I considered myself to be a task oriented person because I tend to be an introvert in my personality at first until I really get to know people. Therefore, if the task is laid out before me I would just as soon get it done the way I feel it needs to.

However, the managerial grid had me slightly over in the team leader section of the matrix grid. This makes sense to me now because I have had more practice and time to develop these styles of managing style in the way I function by the various parts of life. I am highly involved with the Baptist Collegiate Ministry where I took on the roles as President and Missions Coordinator for the past couple years, I have worked jobs in the past several summers that have put me in charge of a team below me, and many leadership theories and character building activities in the classes I have had on APSU's campus stresses team management skills. I think my flexibility and willingness to lead a team has brought this end of the spectrum up on my managerial grid in the past several years, but I was split even down the middle when I added up the scores of "people" and "task."

No comments: