Monday, September 15, 2008

Managerial Grid Results

When I looked at the possible results for the test I assumed I would probably be “Country Club”. I like to try and be friends with people, but at the same time I am a loner. I am usually the kind of person who prefers to work with someone on a technology project. Technology is one of my weaknesses and I tend to feel unsure about what I am doing. I also like working with others while I am working on a project at work. However, if it is a personal project or a paper I would rather work alone because I try to get things done in advance. This way I am able to plan out what needs to be done first and I make a list of what I need to get done each day. I also do this with class work, I write out a list so that I will stay organized and I know what needs to be done first.

I was somewhat surprised that my result was in the upper left hand corner of the “authoritarian” grid. However, now that I think about it that probably suits me. It seems so bad when I looked up the exact definition in the dictionary, but I was fairly close to being out of that grid. I am not one who would be against individual freedom, but I do like to operate with rules and in some ways be told what to do, for example, the teacher giving the class a topic for a project as opposed to picking my own. I think that I would make a good manager somewhere someday because I have good people skills and try to treat others how I would want to be treated and I have seen too many people mess the job up, but I would not take away personal freedom. I would just try and follow the rules and balance everything to where my coworkers would want to follow them as well.

No comments: