Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Underwater Astonishments

The presentation that I watched was from David Gallo. I watched two of his presentations and both were quite interesting. The one that I picked was Underwater Astonishments. This was only a five minute video, but it was so neat to watch! Usually I would be bored watching an online presentation, but this was a good experience for me. Gallo used video and a few written words on the video to convey what he was trying to say. The presentation was filmed so that the only the video is shown, and you can hear him speaking. However, this did not take away from his presentation at all. In fact in a presentation like this the video is the essential element and he is there to explain what is going on to us. This also appeared to be a timed presentation because the video matched perfectly with what he was saying and it was constantly changing. It worked perfectly together and it held my attention the entire time. The footage was clear and beautiful. The underwater astonishments were how certain animals can change their patterns, skin texture and use camouflage for protection. Gallo is a good speaker. He was loud and clear and change his tone for enhancement. In the other video I watched he used impressive graphics of the earth and sea. This was an interesting video and I would recommend it to anyone who likes to use video in presentations or has an interest in sea life.

No comments: