Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Team Leader or Theory Y?

I always enjoy taking an assesment of myself and the Blake and Mouton managerial grid was no exception. I readily grabbed my pencil and paper and plotted the answers as honestly as possible. I have to admit that when I tallyed up the scores, I was surprised to find that I was a Team Leader. I guess I work with people better than I think I do... Nonetheless it was interesting to gauge the questions that I had to answer. I tried not to give answers that were conflicting with each other.

When I read about my results it occurred to me that Theory Y was quite similar to the quadrant of Team Leader. What does that mean? Team Leaders balance people and task in a way that is beneficial and practical. I admit my scale was 6.4 People and 5.8 Task, a far cry from a perfect 9. I think that this is a general ideal model, even if a person had a perfect score he or she would still have a diffucult time in this work-a-day world we all live in.

1 comment:

tfluellen14 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.